Bookings are limited for this Karijini photography tour. Place your secure deposit online to reserve your spot instantly.
KARIJINI PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR 2023
Join Australian Professional Landscape Photographers Glenn McKimmin and Dani Watson to explore the incredible gorges of the Pilbra.
The Karijini Tour 2023 is a new tour lead by professional photographers Glenn McKimmin and Dani Watson. In this tour you will be taken shown some of the most spectacular and uniques landscapes in Australia.
Karijini National Park is a landscape billions of years in the making, and our 7 day tour will provide you with memories to enjoy for a lifetime. Come with us on a journey of wonder and creativity, deep into the heart of the Pilbara. Delve into the depths of an ancient and majestic landscape of reds, yellows, blues and greens. A landscape of stunning gorges, spring-fed turquoise pools, banded ironstone sculptured by water over time, spinifex, red dust, Melaleuca and Snappy Gums. The contrasts and play of light is a photographer’s dream.
We will be traveling as deep as you can go into the gorges of Karijini, rock hopping, climbing, abseiling, water sliding, water jumping, swimming and tubing. Touch rocks over 2 billion years old, spend time immersed in the aura of this ancient landscape and be inspired. The deepest parts of Karijini are classed as ‘Restricted Class 6’, and only accessible with extensive knowledge of the area, and a specific set of roping and canyoning skills. To achieve this, we have experienced guides and photographers with intimate knowledge of the area. This not only ensures your safety, but also the safety of your photography equipment. We will take you to the best spots, at the best times of the day and show you the best that Karijini has to offer. Go where not many have ventured, and get shots that not many have taken.
12 May – 18 May 2023
Karijini National Park, Western Australia
$9995.00 per person (twin share)
Join Dani Watson
for the ultimate
Be mesmerised by
of Karijini NP
What to bring
- A DSLR Camera with lens/lenses
- Spare batteries, there will be a long days with plenty of shooting.
- A sturdy tripod.
- Remote shutter release.
- Filters if you have them (Polarizer/Graduated/Neutral Density).
- Good walking shoes and shoes your willing to get wet (sneakers are ideal).
- Your creative brains.
What to wear
- Participants must provide their own wet water gear (packing list provided).
- Clothing that can be layered is highly recommended.
- Shoes that you are willing to get wet (sneakers are ideal), enclosed shoes are compulsory.
What you will photograph
- Stunning Landscapes
- Karijini’s incredible colours
- Emerald green pools
- Access to class 6 restricted areas.
Day 1: Karijini National Park
Meeting at Paraburdoo Airport by 8:30am, where we will be picked up and driven to the Karijini Eco Retreat. We will check into our accomodation, we will explore Joffre Gorge and shoot sunset also. Afterwards we will head back to our accomodation to freshen up, before heading to dinner where we will discuss what to expect throughout the week.
Day 2 to 3: Knox Gorge
This morning we will be up early to capture sunrise over Knox Gorge. Afterwards, we will break into two groups featuring a professional photographer and guide.
One Group will travel the entire length of Red Gorge and exit via The Centre of the Earth, The Chute, Regan’s Pool and Kermit’s, Spiderwalk, walk out of Hancock Gorge. Features of this incredible canyoning experience include a combination of hiking through this stunning gorge, interspersed with floating & paddling our way through numerous stunning pools and waterways along the way.
The other group will spend the day taking photos in Knox outside of Class 6 & travel with the second guide back to Hancock Gorge to take photos of the iconic Spider Walk and Kermit’s Pool, with everything in between up to class 6.
We will meet in Hancock gorge and travel back to the Eco Retreat together.
- The following day we will swap over.
Day 4: Weano Gorge
Today we will spend the day in Weano Gorge enjoying another day of Class 6 Canyoning Adventures. We will start with an early morning to enjoy the best light.
Highlights of today will include the via-ferrata along the rock terraces above the aptly named “Jade Pool” with its gorgeous blue-green waters and abseiling down a 45-metre waterfall.
We will again exist via The Centre of the Earth, The Chute, Regan’s Pool and Kermit’s, Spiderwalk, walk out of Hancock Gorge.
Day 5 to 6: Joffre Gorge
Joffre Gorge for one group, and The Chute, The Centre of the Earth, Regan’s Pool for the second group.
These Class 6 Canyoning days will leave you with many lasting memories and more awesome photos.
The Joffre Gorge Group will paddle Olympic Pool to the Island. Shoot a waterfall plunging into the depth of Joffre Gorge.
The Centre of the Earth Group, will abseil into Regan’s Pool, rope down The Chute into The Centre of the Earth. Revisiting this area will allow for more time to capture this stunning space.
Day 7: Departure from Karijini Eco Retreat
Mt Bruce & Travel Home for both groups.
Sunrise shoot of Mt Bruce, with hike to the summit and return. Those with drones can get some stunning images from the air!
Lunch and maybe one last swim.
Transport to Paraburdoo for flights home.
Included in the Karijini Adventure Photography Tour 2023
- Services of 2 professional photographic tour leaders,
- 2 Experienced and qualified canyon guides to guide you through your Karijini experience.
- 6 nights accommodation at the Karijini Eco Resort in Deluxe Eco Tents, based on twin share singles or king bed for couples
- Use of specialist canyoning and safety equipment including harnesses and floatation tubes and hand paddles.
- Transport, Internal travel and transfers.
- All meals are included (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Photographic tuition and workshops (suitable for any levels or ability).
- An A2 framed print (white/raw) of your favourite image from the tour, printed and framed by Created For Life.
Not included in the Karijini Adventure Photography Tour 2023
- Flights to and from Paraburdoo
- Transport between Paraburdoo Airport and Karijini Eco Retreat for any guests who choose to travel outside of the specified times*
- Clothing and footwear appropriate for canyoning (a recommended packing list will be provided to all guests after booking)
- Travel insurance – a compulsory condition of booking. Camera or other optional insurances are not included.
- All items of a personal nature
- Alcohol, extra drinks, room service, laundry, gifts, souvenirs and any extras purchased.
- Camera Equipment and items of personal needs
*TOUR ITINERARY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF FOTOWORKSHOPS. PLEASE READ OUR T&C FOR MORE INFO.
Accomodation in the Karijini Adventure Photography Tour 2023
Deluxe Eco Tents with Ensuites, either twin share or king bed for couples:
• Own private ensuite bathroom
• Front and rear deck
• Spacious stylish interiors
• Two single beds OR king bed
• Quality bedding and linen (100% cotton sheets/brushed cotton blankets)
• Minimal power for low wattage applications (Charging camera battery/iPod)
• Solar power
• Grey water treatment
• Natural ventilation (No air-conditioner)
• Floor made from composite timber
• Flow showerheads & spring loaded taps
• Recycled toilet paper
• Use of natural products only
Why choose our Photography Tours?
Imagine combining a dream holiday with your passion for photography. You will explore secret locations and gain new expertise in one of the greatest art forms ever created. With Fotoworkshops, you will be personally mentored by some of the most highly regarded professionals in the industry. A truly immersive experience that is sure to check off on the bucket list. Our itineraries and experience in handpicked locations will ensure you never miss an opportunity, you can capture everything from breath-taking waterfalls, wild bears, quiet and serene sandy beaches, snow-capped mountains, volcanoes, diverse and wonderful local people, streetscapes and ancient cultures – the list is endless.
Photography Tour Gift Cards
Give some one you know a personalised gift towards any of our Photo Tours, Landscape Photography Workshops or Personalised Photography Tours. Vouchers are available in any amount from $100.
All of our Photo Tours require a relatively good level of fitness. All participants must be able to swim. This tour involves heights, abseiling, rock climbing. However, no prior abseiling or climbing experience is required.
Check with your tour guide before leaving and we can give you a better idea of any special fitness requirements you may need to complete the Tour.
Private Guided Photography Tours
If groups are not for you and you would prefer to travel by yourself or with a group of friends and family then we can accommodate your needs by customizing a Photography Tour to suit your individual needs, schedule, budget and interests.
We also offer private one or two day photo tours and workshops in many of our locations. Please or email us for rates and information.
Compulsory Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is a compulsory part of booking any of our Photography Tours. We can assist you if you wish, ask us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date with any news from the Fotoworkshops team by signing up to the newsletter
How To Book
Simply place your $1000 deposit through our secure booking platform, Your place will be reserved instantly. The team will then be in contact with you to provide you will all the information you will require and confirm your trip details. If you would prefer to make your booking with the team directly, please email email@example.com
Process your deposit to secure your spot instantly.
Want More Information?
Enter your details below and we will send you the complete Karijini Adventure Tour 2023 guide.
You can also put any questions in and one of our team will be in touch to talk you through things in more detail.